Thursday, January 29, 2009

Come over for coffee!


My Linen Stash !!





I would love to be able to invite everybody to my house for coffee or tea, but the restraints of geography, house size, and a few other small matters makes it impossible…however, since so many of you have invited me into your homes via photos, I thought I would do the same..
My husband and I bought this house 10 years ago…it was, at that time a 10 room, 200 year old house…since we have moved in we have added a 4 season sun room ( the room with the wrought iron table and chairs, and all the windows…and knocked down a wall between the dining room and kitchen, added a huge window seat with glass shelving, backed with mirrors on either side ( to display all my beautiful flow blue and cobalt glass)…I also built, yes me, the corner bookcase in the dining room…and it was hard, because the house is so old and the walls are so uneven….
Andrew, my nephew/son has come back to live at home and he put the picket fence in the back yard, last summer (my dream) and I worked feverishly trying to get all the plants from my front yard into the back, but I was not able to start until July, which is really not the best time to do transplanting in New England!!….My darling husband who is having his 4th back surgery on the 13th of February also built a two story barn, with the most beautiful stairway, to the second floor…a very large potting shed, and a green house…which, unfortunately is deterioitang from the heat and cold of New England…We are also adding on a master bath, and have a huge Jacuzzi tub which I have used a lot, especially after gardening, and with lots of bubble bath….but we still have so many projects to do and finish, I often wonder if they will ever be done ! !

No comments:

Post a Comment